welcome to this collection of my and others' ideas to improve the world.
explore my brain:
occupy everywhere but find me in Chicago
Our direct action campaign is gaining momentum and growing everyday. Demonstrate your support by contributing essential supplies and gear to allow us to continue to expand our operations and confront the toxic Keystone XL pipeline where it matters most.
You can contribute to our secure online donation page or purchase something specific from the prioritized list below. All donations can be shipped here:
PO Box 6553
Tyler, TX 75711
Thank you for your support!
- 91/2-12 mm static kern-mantle/ arborist climb lines
- 5/8ths CWC truck rope or Tytan
- arborist throw lines and throw bags.
- 6mm accessory cord (climb rated)
- 1” tubular webbing
- rock/tree climbing harnesses all sizes mostly medium
- locking climb rated steel and aluminum carabiners
- climb rated pulleys (preferably tandem speed)
- Petzl steel quick links
- gmrs radios with silent and ear bud options
- Energizer XP18000s
- batteries (AA/AAA/Go Pro Batteries)
- GoProHero2′s & extra batteries
- small portable solar panels with battery
- Pelican cases (large and small)
- deer/trail cameras
- satellite phones
- MacBook Pro’s
- MiniDV tapes
- 16GB SDcards (Class 10 preferred)
- 8GB+ flash drives
- Canon VIXIA HF R300′s (and extra batteries & charger deck)
- verizon wifi hotspots
- ATN PVS7-3A 3rd Gen or similar Night Vision Binocular Goggles
- Field watches
- car inverters
- 1TB USB External Hard Drives (mac&pc compatible)
- braces (limb)
- disinfectant/antibacterial swabs
- compact girny
- epsom salt
- joint braces
- gauze rolls
- ace bandage
- Benedryl (anti-allergy)
- nitrile gloves
- trauma shears
- rain gear
- warm clothes (wool or synthetic earth tones) and socks!
- wool blanketss
- sleeping bags
- camping hammocks
- headlamps with blue or green (preferred) or red LED option
- work gloves
TOOLS & MATERIALS
- angle grinder
- battery powered drills and impact drivers (makita, delta, bosch)
- welder (arc)
- rope: seriously, anything
- 550 parachute cord
- multitools (Leatherman or Gerber)
- plywood (3/8”-3/4” – 4′x8′ sheets)
- decking screws
- 3/8-1/2” bolts and nuts
- coffee (good and strong)
- bulk grains
- paint (buckets and spray)
- general art supplies
- projector (mac/pc compatible)
- gromet kit
- paint brushes
- paint sticks /mops
- supplies for building 15 ft + puppets
- cans of rolling tobacco
- vehicles (junk or drivable)
- All Terrain Vehicles ATV’s
- dirt bikes
- toilet paper
- water filters
- all-natural cleaning supplies
- generator 600watt plus
- all-natural mosquito repellant
- verizon prepaid phone cards
Presence is required at Terri’s informal eviction hearing on Tuesday, October 16 at 9 am and a second hearing at 1030 am at 545 W Division in Chicago.
A representative from Chicago Anti-Poverty Law Collective claims the informal eviction hearing is the weak spot in Holsten pro
Join us in the fight to save Terri’s home.
More information, including a call-in number, will be provided as soon as details are relayed.
SHARE WIDELY. INVITE FRIENDS. RE/TWEET. REBLOG.
Tuesday Oct 9th, national fax & call in day!
Leah-Lynn Plante, the last of the 3 anarchists subpoenaed to appear before the grand jury in Seattle, will have her contempt of court hearing this Wednesday, Oct 10th at 9 am. It seems most likely that she will be held in contempt and taken into custody like Matt Duran and Katherine “KteeO” Olejnik in September.
On Tuesday, October 9th, we are asking all supporters to fax and call the US attorney, Jenny A Durkan, to demand an end to the grand jury and the release of all those subpoenaed. Below you will find a Fax Petition demanding that she end this witch-hunt. To join the petition effort, please follow these simple steps:
1) Go to http://faxzero.com/
2) Fill out the form with your name and email address under Sender information.
3) Fill out Jenny A Durkan under Receiver Name and (206) 553-0882 for the Receiver Fax Line.
4) Copy the text at the bottom of this email into the box that says “Type text to appear on the cover page”. Personalize the text in the box to include your name and also anything else you would like to say.
5) Enter the confirmation code
6) Click the Send Free Fax Now button at the bottom of the box.
7) Check your email and click on the confirmation link. Clicking on this link will actually send your fax.
8) Wait for the email that confirms that your fax has been sent.
9) Once you have sent the fax, please CALL the U.S. Attorney’s office at (800) 797-6722 to confirm that they received it. We suggest something like the following script:
“Hello my name is Miguel Gomex, and I just sent your office a fax to ask that Jenny Durkan call off tomorrow’s contempt and grand jury hearings and end the investigation. I’m calling now to confirm that you received it. Would you check for me please?”
The person answering the phone may offer some general assurance that they are receiving faxes. If they do, please be insistent: “Please, it is very important to me that Ms. Durkin receive my message, and that my voice be added to the opposition to this grand jury. Would you please double-check to verify that you’ve received my message. My name, again, is Miguel Gomez.”
It may take a few minutes for them to find your fax. Please be patient while they do. Once they confirm that they have your message, remember to thank the staff for accommodating you.
10) Please send CAPR a message at email@example.com, to let us know that you sent the message, and what response you received when you called.
End the Grand Jury Investigation of the Anarchist Movement
To: Jenny Durkan
United States Attorney for Western Washington
Fax Line : (206) 553-0882
I am writing to add my voice to the hundreds of organizations and thousands of individuals who have telephoned you, written and signed declarations, and demonstrated in cities around the country demanding an end to the grand jury witch-hunt of anarchists and aligned activists in the Pacific Northwest and for all those subpoenaed to be released from contempt.
This case clearly shows that your office is persecuting political dissent. It is despicable that the US attorney and the FBI are harassing and intimating this group of people for their political beliefs. I demand that the grand jury investigation be ended immediately, that the governments repression of social movements stop, and that any items seized in the raids be returned to their rightful owners.
Mental Health Clinic Facing Closure Occupied by Patients and Advocates Mental Health Movement barricaded inside Woodlawn Clinic until Rahm Emanuel backs off clinic closures!
Dozens of people who use Chicago’s mental health clinics along with other advocates have barricaded themselves into the Woodlawn Clinic at 6337 S. Woodlawn, one of 6 clinics… facing closure. They intend to remain there until Mayor Emanuel agrees to keep all of Chicago’s public clinics open, fully funded and fully staffed.
Two of the clinics slated for closure - the Northwest Clinic in Logan Square and the Northtown Clinic in Rogers Park - shut their doors last Friday. Four others (Woodlawn, Auburn/Gresham, Back of the Yards and Beverly/Morgan Park) are scheduled to close April 30th. The Mental Health Movement, which put out a report and a video undermining the Chicago Department of Public Health’s claim that all patients will continue to receive care, has been calling for hearings on the clinic closures since October. Despite repeated promises and a resolution calling for hearings, the Emanuel Administration has prevented any hearings from taking place in order to avoid public scrutiny of the plan, which has come under fire even from Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart.
“We have tried everything we could to be heard. We visited Mayor Emanuel when he was a candidate. We delivered him over 4,000 letters. We have talked to almost all 50 Alderman. We have held press conferences, rallies and even sat-in for 10 hours on the 5th floor of City Hall. We are the ones who know the disaster these clinic closures will mean for our communities and our city but Mayor Emanuel been unwilling to listen to us, so we are taking drastic measures to avoid a tragedy and defend our human rights,” says N’Dana Carter, who goes to one of the city clinics and is a spokesperson for the Mental Health Movement.
The people barricaded in the clinic have enough food and supplies to stay for months and are threatening to do so unless Mayor Emanuel meets the following five demands:
-Keep all 12 city mental health clinics public, open, fully funded and fully staffed
-Stop plans to privatize Chicago’s 7 neighborhood health centers
-Hire more doctors, therapists, nurses, social workers and other clinic staff
-Reinstate the drug assistance program
-Expand the public mental health safety net to cover unmet community needs
Bring a tent and join us at 6337 S Woodlawn Avenue! For updates, follow @STOPChicago on Twitter, or search the hashtag #SaveOurClinics!
At a time when need for mental health services is growing, closing Woodlawn and the other five mental health clinics will leave too many people with no where to turn for help.
Join us as we honor Woodlawn Mental Health Center’s 30 years of service and remind our leaders of the devastating impacts closing this center will have on our community.
Please join us before it’s too late to help the most vulnerable in our communities!
More information: www.stopchicago.org -
Occupy Chicago joined forces with parents of Piccolo Elementary students (@TBOurSchoolsChi) for a brief occupation of Piccolo School in order to force the Chicago Public Schools Board of Education to appear for a meeting about Piccolo’s proposed turnaround. Occupy Chicago and the parents were successful in this initial goal, arranging a meeting with the entire board on Wednesday, 2/22. Stay turned for further developments!
Congratulations and best wishes to everyone involved! We’ll be standing in solidarity in the future!